On August 18th 1959, Mr. and Mrs. Wilfrid Major, residing in Québec at the time, moved to North Lancaster and purchased the feed business from Mr. Donat Major.
Over the years, and after several renovations and upgrades, the Majors built what was to become a well-respected business. They continued to improve along the way, especially with the implementation of new technology. Upgrades to the installations included a new pellet machine and the installation, in 2001, of a fully automated batching system to ensure accuracy, quality, and compliance with all feed safety regulations.
Michel and Fernand Hubert knew that Wilfrid Major Ltd. had even greater potential for growth and, in 2009, they became the new owners while celebrating the company’s 50th anniversary. They retained all the employees – and hired some new ones as the business continued to grow under their confident leadership. The existing machinery was upgraded, and a new roller mill was added to allow the company to increase its production volume.
Since 2009, Wilfrid Major Ltd. has more than tripled production.
Even with all this growth, one thing remains the same… our goal: “To serve and treat all our customers with the utmost respect, and to provide quality feed and service like no other.”